PCA Boxster Register

PCA Boxster Register (https://boxsterregister.org/index.php)
-   Front page announcements (https://boxsterregister.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering (https://boxsterregister.org/showthread.php?t=5909)

Keoni986 11-14-2018 11:54 AM

Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
ADVOCATE'S CORNER:

NOTE: This "Advocate's Corner" message board will be used from time to time as a way of communicating with our membership. We will keep the messages brief, they primarily will be used to let you, the members, be apprised of information that is of value.

SPECIAL MESSAGE - Finally the Boxster Register Metal Car Badge is ready for ordering!

I'm very happy to announce some good news! I just received information that our Boxster Register Car badge can be ordered at the PCA WebStore. Here is a link to the store: https://www.pcawebstore.com/

Mouse over to "Clothing" then click on the words "Boxster Registry Collection" . This is our main page for ordering.

You do need to set up an account and your login is NOT the same as the one you use for PCA.org

Thank you for all your patience. We finally got a grill badge!!!

I'm Keoni986



TKE878 11-14-2018 01:43 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
I ordered me one!

dtorrey0453 11-14-2018 04:01 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKE878 (Post 45970)
I ordered me one!

Just curious, where are you putting it?

TKE878 11-14-2018 04:26 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dtorrey0453 (Post 45972)
Just curious, where are you putting it?

On my 2001 S, Passenger side roll bar windscreen. I have my PCA badge on the other one.

https://boxsterregister.org/picture....pictureid=5822

leelich 11-14-2018 05:26 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Just ordered mine - will mount it on driver side windscreen mesh, proudly next to my PCA badge. I have Cayman Register and Chicago Region badges on the passenger side. By the time the Boca Raton Parade rolls around, I may have also mounted a couple more badges - 2005 Hershey Parade (50th Parade) and 2008 Charlotte Parade (60 years of Porsche). Good thing I don't AX any more, as the additional weight of all these metal badges would be a severe disadvantage.:eek:

After all of the time and effort John has expended on this project, for which I'm sure we are all extremely appreciative, the only disappointing part of this transaction is that the PCA webstore is adding $10.94 for UPS Ground shipping. I'd like to know how the shipping charge can end up so high (39% of item price).

TKE878 11-14-2018 06:20 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leelich (Post 45974)
Just ordered mine - will mount it on driver side windscreen mesh, proudly next to my PCA badge. I have Cayman Register and Chicago Region badges on the passenger side. By the time the Boca Raton Parade rolls around, I may have also mounted a couple more badges - 2005 Hershey Parade (50th Parade) and 2008 Charlotte Parade (60 years of Porsche). Good thing I don't AX any more, as the additional weight of all these metal badges would be a severe disadvantage.:eek:

After all of the time and effort John has expended on this project, for which I'm sure we are all extremely appreciative, the only disappointing part of this transaction is that the PCA webstore is adding $10.94 for UPS Ground shipping. I'd like to know how the shipping charge can end up so high (39% of item price).

It costs more to Montana, $11.56! Like in Casablanca, "carrying charges my boy, carrying charges......"

dtorrey0453 11-14-2018 07:45 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKE878 (Post 45973)
On my 2001 S, Passenger side roll bar windscreen. I have my PCA badge on the other one.

https://boxsterregister.org/picture....pictureid=5822

Very nice.

Perci 11-14-2018 11:32 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKE878 (Post 45975)
It costs more to Montana, $11.56! Like in Casablanca, "carrying charges my boy, carrying charges......"



Over $21 to the Great White North![emoji857]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

asnowden 11-15-2018 06:18 AM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
I'm going to put mine on the windscreen as well. I had my Werks 2017 (Amelia) one on my 987.2 but the holes in my 981 are a little different so I couldn't mount my Werks badge on it without some modifying but I'll worry about that later. Too cold to go topless anyway...bbbrrrrrr!!!:p
Amy

MikeAnz 11-16-2018 11:55 AM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Just ordered 2 Badges! One for my 03' S and one as a gift for my friend and member's 98'.
Can't wait to get them!

TKE878 11-16-2018 08:27 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
1 Attachment(s)
Badge arrived today via Fedex. I can't wait to get it installed! It looks amazing, Well done John!

Post some photos of your Boxster Garage with its new jewelry for the BOTW.

leelich 11-16-2018 11:49 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Lookin' good, Dan - drive/display it proudly.

TKE878 11-17-2018 09:06 AM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
It does look good. I'm going to need to get new mesh screens in the future. Mine
are getting broken. :cry:

10/10ths 11-17-2018 05:11 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Order placed.

Many thanks.

leelich 11-19-2018 09:48 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Received my grill badge today....looks really good in person, but I won't mount it on the car until the weather warms up a bit.
One thing which raises my curiosity level is that even tho the paperwork included in the shipment indicated I was charged $10.94 for UPS Ground (and verified on my CC statement), the item was actually shipped via USPS Priority Mail 2-day, in a flat rate envelope (one rate - any weight), with a Pitney-Bose stamp at $6.55. So, here's my question....where did that extra $4.39 go? It's not the amount that's important, but what's the reason? I think I'll send off a note of inquiry.

asnowden 11-20-2018 06:28 AM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leelich (Post 46007)
Received my grill badge today....looks really good in person, but I won't mount it on the car until the weather warms up a bit.
One thing which raises my curiosity level is that even tho the paperwork included in the shipment indicated I was charged $10.94 for UPS Ground (and verified on my CC statement), the item was actually shipped via USPS Priority Mail 2-day, in a flat rate envelope (one rate - any weight), with a Pitney-Bose stamp at $6.55. So, here's my question....where did that extra $4.39 go? It's not the amount that's important, but what's the reason? I think I'll send off a note of inquiry.

Well Lee, that's the "handling" part of it! :p I also got mine yesterday but threw the box away because I also bought a Porsche Parade 2019 hat for my husband and I didn't want him to see the return address. We're going on a black friday porsche drive with 11 other cars on Friday. My first group drive with my new Box so I think I'll mount mine tonight, maybe tomorrow.
Happy turkey day!

Amy

leelich 11-20-2018 07:39 AM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by asnowden (Post 46008)
Well Lee, that's the "handling" part of it!

All well and good, Amy, except that there was absolutely NO mention of any packing/handling charge on either the website or the order confirmation/packing slip/invoice. Anyway, I ended up writing a short note to Vu last night, and he replied that he would check into it for me. Who knows, it may end up being advantageous to all of us who have purchased this.

Send us a pic once you have mounted yours, and have fun on your Black Friday group drive. I sure wish I could bring my Boxster out of hibernation.:frown:

Mark in Boise 11-20-2018 10:20 AM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
Just took the Boxster to Ashland, Oregon, last weekend. Just short of 500 miles each way on some of the prettiest curvy roads around. 70 degrees down there, but this is the end of our late fall.
Back on topic, I decided not to get the grill badge because I have two badges that have been on all 3 of my Boxsters and a 911 before that. I was one of the first to put them on the windstop mesh.

leelich 11-20-2018 09:02 PM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
So.....last night after my post here about the seemingly high shipping cost, I sent off a short email to Vu at PCA headquarters (at 11pm Central time). Of course I wasn't expecting any kind of immediate response, due to the lateness of the evening. Lo and behold, however, Vu responded to me within 10-15 minutes, with the message that he would check into the situation and asked me to "stand by".
Well, at 7:15 this evening, I received an email from Charlotte, the Member Services Manager at PCA National, containing the following message:
"The Boxster Register badge was entered incorrectly in the webstore regarding weight (for shipping). This has been corrected and everyone who ordered the badge will receive a refund shortly. I appreciate you reaching out to us with your concern. We hope you like the Boxster badge."
There you have it, boys and girls. And, by the way, within a few minutes of the above message, I also received notice of a $4.44 partial refund applied to my credit card.

I would just like to convey my thanks to Vu and the entire PCA National staff for the attention and customer service they supply to the membership. THANK YOU, PCA!!!

grc0456 11-23-2018 08:56 AM

Re: Boxster Register Car Badge ready for ordering
 
That is great customer service. Thanks for looking into, Lee. As you said, it's not the amount, but the principle. In this day and age of internet shopping, we've all grown numb to excess shipping charges. This is one small victory. Props to Vu and his staff for the quick resolution.


That being said, I've decided to skip the badge. I'm just not sure I want it on my roll bar mesh. And, if I do it on one side, the OCD in me will make me want to put something on the other side for symmetry :rolleyes: However, I do sport two BR decals - one on the windshield and one rear wind block - so coming and going I represent. Thanks to John for all the work and time that went into this.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2010 - 2019, This site is owned & operated by the Porsche Club of America. It is not affiliated with Porsche AG or PCNA.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.