Welcome to the New Second Generation PCA Boxster Register..! - PCA Boxster Register
Go Back   PCA Boxster Register Forums > Site Management > News Items

News Items Private Forum for Storage of News Items

Closed Thread

Post #1 (URL for Post or Threaded post) 
Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Past PCA Boxster Register Advocate
Registered Boxster Owner
1500 Post Club

Garage
Default Welcome to the New Second Generation PCA Boxster Register..!

Welcome to the New Second Generation PCA Boxster Register !

My name is Bob Purgason, and I am proud to be the PCA Boxster Register Advocate. I love my Boxster! (That should be obvious to most) and I want to share that passion and enthusiasm with as many as possible. I hope we can all do that sharing through this website. If you don’t own a Boxster, you’re welcome as much as the owners. I want you to experience the enthusiasm we Boxster owners have, as eventually you may join our ranks. Our team of dedicated and passionate Boxster owners who help manage this site join with me in welcoming all Boxster owners and interested PCA members to our mission – enhancing your Boxster ownership and PCA membership experience.

Talking a little about Special Interest Groups (or SIG’s), they were likely started many years ago by a number of car enthusiasts and/or car clubs to fill a special need, to enjoy a specific model. Our Boxster Register SIG was started shortly after the introduction in 1997 of the Porsche Boxster to the United States. That introduction was made in Litchfield Park, Arizona when corporate Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) was headquartered in Reno, Nevada. Many have likely seen the photo entitled “The Boxsters have landed”, which has been widely published. John and Nita Burrows, of the Las Vegas Region, started our SIG. Nita was the primary person for several years, and she deserves a big hand for keeping it going for all those years. Now, we are into the second generation of the Register and website, mostly due to newer website technology and the desire to reach out to more Boxster owners.

Each PCA Special Interest Group is a “model specific” group of PCA’ers who either own or love a particular Porsche model. There are currently around two-dozen PCA SIG’s or “Registers”, and that list will likely grow as more models are introduced. For us in particular, ours is a special community of Boxster owners who want to do more with their cars, who want to know more about their cars, or who just want to be involved with more PCA/Boxster events. The overall goal of this Boxster Register is to involve as many Boxster owners as possible in PCA and Porsche activities. To help inform and educate Boxster owners, or prospective owners, is another goal. All of this is possible by the sharing of information and contact that is available through modern websites like this one. Make sure you Check out the other various PCA Registers.

For those who are just finding us on this site, please feel free to browse around, see what’s available, and consider registering. Registration will allow you to participate more, and therefore learn more. This is not a commercial site, it’s advertisement free, and it’s operated by a group of dedicated and responsible PCA volunteer members, all of whom want this to be a positive experience.

This is the New Boxster Register. This is the place if you’re a PCA member who owns or is interested in the Porsche Boxster. Regardless of where you live in this big country – we can be like next-door neighbors kicking tires in the driveway. We can plan events, we can share stories, photos, personal experiences, and our passion, but most of all, we can develop and grow PCA friendships. A good example is our friendship with our fellow 987 owners at the CaymanRegister.org. As our Boxsters have much in common with the Cayman and Cayman S models, it's only a natural fit for us to have them as our partners. If you don't find what you're looking for here, please feel free to look over at the Cayman Register site. They welcome all PCA members. Not a PCA member? Not to worry, you can sign up here.

A precautionary warning, bad behavior or misconduct on this site will be dealt with accordingly, so please be sure to read and understand the Rules of Conduct for our site. The site management team wants this site to be a positive experience for everyone, those who try to abuse the site or its members will face unfortunate results. PCA membership is the only requirement, and our site management team wants to help you learn your way around, so be sure to ask if you need assistance. Registration is easy and straight forward, and you will be welcome. Other than that, I hope to see you participating here at our wonderful website frequently, and at a PCA event soon,

Happy Boxstering,

Bob Purgason aka Bruno Boxster
PCA Boxster Register Advocate
2007 Boxster S

Last edited by Gator Bite; 04-28-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Boxster Register Home Scroll Up!
  Post #2 (URL for Post or Threaded post) 
Old 06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Boxster Register Forum Novice
Registered Boxster Owner

Garage
Default Re: Welcome to the New Second Generation PCA Boxster Register..!

~ CONGRATULATIONS ~
PCA Boxster Register on your Opening Day June 1st!!
Nice to be part of this great website and all the best on the new beginnings.

I will invite all my Porsche Boxster PCA friends here!

Click the image to open in full size.
Zone 7-San Francisco Bay Area
BLOG:
http://dedesporscheblog.blogspot.com/
POSTEROUS:
http://dedeporsche.posterous.com/
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/there.is.no.substitute
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dede-Seward/115598908470807
Facebook Dede Porsche:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=730871229&ref=ts

Post #3 (URL for Post or Threaded post) 
Old 06-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Past Member
Registered Boxster Owner

Garage
Porsche Logo Re: Welcome to the New Second Generation PCA Boxster Register..!

Thanks for your effort at putting this together. I do have a question. How do I post a new topic? I am going to Parade in St Charles and wanted to get idea of others from registry that are also going. I have entered my 2007 Boxster in the Concours.

Regards,
Terryl Johnson
Zone 3.Carolina Region.Upstate Area
  Post #4 (URL for Post or Threaded post) 
Old 06-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Boxster Register Forum Enthusiast
Registered Boxster Owner
2000 Post Club

Garage
Default Re: Welcome to the New Second Generation PCA Boxster Register..!

Welcome !!!

When you enter a forum, there is a button at the top of the forum that says - New Thread. Press that and you are off and running.

Florida Citrus Region
2014 981 Boxster - "Annabel"
Previously Owned
2005 987 Boxster - "Sally" (RIP)
1990 944 S2 Cabriolet
1988 924S SE
Garage
Closed Thread